True story. Busta Rhymes read my praise for his seemingly rejuvenated flow on his last Booth offering, Y’all Don’t Really Know, and was so inspired by my words that he decided to get right back in the studio and crank out a new track, Bad One. (Ok, so that’s not a true story at all, but it’s so much more fun to live in my fantasy world.) Unfortunately, the real world Bad One isn’t exactly everything I’d hoped for. While Swizzy’s beat doesn’t strictly follow his production formula, it is almost entirely built around looped drums, whistles and repeating ad-libs. As for Busta, the energy he had on Don’t Know seems to have faded, replaced by a solid but not particularly inspiring flow. I’m not saying he needs to do Woo Ha again, but something even in the same energy ballpark would be nice. Shame, Beatz’ Monster Mondays series seemed to be getting better by the week. But hey, the great thing about a weekly series is you always have the chance to kill the next one. So how about it Swizz? Got some pure dope coming down the pipeline?
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/10
Submit your Rating
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.