True story. Busta Rhymes read my praise for his seemingly rejuvenated flow on his last Booth offering, Y’all Don’t Really Know, and was so inspired by my words that he decided to get right back in the studio and crank out a new track, Bad One. (Ok, so that’s not a true story at all, but it’s so much more fun to live in my fantasy world.) Unfortunately, the real world Bad One isn’t exactly everything I’d hoped for. While Swizzy’s beat doesn’t strictly follow his production formula, it is almost entirely built around looped drums, whistles and repeating ad-libs. As for Busta, the energy he had on Don’t Know seems to have faded, replaced by a solid but not particularly inspiring flow. I’m not saying he needs to do Woo Ha again, but something even in the same energy ballpark would be nice. Shame, Beatz’ Monster Mondays series seemed to be getting better by the week. But hey, the great thing about a weekly series is you always have the chance to kill the next one. So how about it Swizz? Got some pure dope coming down the pipeline?
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.