True story. Busta Rhymes read my praise for his seemingly rejuvenated flow on his last Booth offering, Y’all Don’t Really Know, and was so inspired by my words that he decided to get right back in the studio and crank out a new track, Bad One. (Ok, so that’s not a true story at all, but it’s so much more fun to live in my fantasy world.) Unfortunately, the real world Bad One isn’t exactly everything I’d hoped for. While Swizzy’s beat doesn’t strictly follow his production formula, it is almost entirely built around looped drums, whistles and repeating ad-libs. As for Busta, the energy he had on Don’t Know seems to have faded, replaced by a solid but not particularly inspiring flow. I’m not saying he needs to do Woo Ha again, but something even in the same energy ballpark would be nice. Shame, Beatz’ Monster Mondays series seemed to be getting better by the week. But hey, the great thing about a weekly series is you always have the chance to kill the next one. So how about it Swizz? Got some pure dope coming down the pipeline?
Written by Nathan S. on 11/22/10
Monster Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.