The ills of drug abuse are all too common and yet are still severely underestimated by the majority. Unless it personally affects someone in a direct way, drug abuse is merely a subject most study in school or is tied to a statistic that is heard on a nightly newscast. With Swisha T‘s latest single, Trapped, you can’t feel that way anymore. The Ottawa native uses a frantic piano beat from The LJ to detail the downward spiral of a drug addict who starts to impact others around him because of his deteriorating morals. There are glimmers of an attempt to improve himself, but they are quickly overshadowed by unsupportive friends. Swisha raises the stakes until the surprise climax of the song, which provides a shocking sigh of relief. There is no word on where Trapped will end up, but check out last September’s Ballistic for more from the upstart emcee.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.