The ills of drug abuse are all too common and yet are still severely underestimated by the majority. Unless it personally affects someone in a direct way, drug abuse is merely a subject most study in school or is tied to a statistic that is heard on a nightly newscast. With Swisha T‘s latest single, Trapped, you can’t feel that way anymore. The Ottawa native uses a frantic piano beat from The LJ to detail the downward spiral of a drug addict who starts to impact others around him because of his deteriorating morals. There are glimmers of an attempt to improve himself, but they are quickly overshadowed by unsupportive friends. Swisha raises the stakes until the surprise climax of the song, which provides a shocking sigh of relief. There is no word on where Trapped will end up, but check out last September’s Ballistic for more from the upstart emcee.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.