The ills of drug abuse are all too common and yet are still severely underestimated by the majority. Unless it personally affects someone in a direct way, drug abuse is merely a subject most study in school or is tied to a statistic that is heard on a nightly newscast. With Swisha T‘s latest single, Trapped, you can’t feel that way anymore. The Ottawa native uses a frantic piano beat from The LJ to detail the downward spiral of a drug addict who starts to impact others around him because of his deteriorating morals. There are glimmers of an attempt to improve himself, but they are quickly overshadowed by unsupportive friends. Swisha raises the stakes until the surprise climax of the song, which provides a shocking sigh of relief. There is no word on where Trapped will end up, but check out last September’s Ballistic for more from the upstart emcee.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.