The ills of drug abuse are all too common and yet are still severely underestimated by the majority. Unless it personally affects someone in a direct way, drug abuse is merely a subject most study in school or is tied to a statistic that is heard on a nightly newscast. With Swisha T‘s latest single, Trapped, you can’t feel that way anymore. The Ottawa native uses a frantic piano beat from The LJ to detail the downward spiral of a drug addict who starts to impact others around him because of his deteriorating morals. There are glimmers of an attempt to improve himself, but they are quickly overshadowed by unsupportive friends. Swisha raises the stakes until the surprise climax of the song, which provides a shocking sigh of relief. There is no word on where Trapped will end up, but check out last September’s Ballistic for more from the upstart emcee.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)