The ills of drug abuse are all too common and yet are still severely underestimated by the majority. Unless it personally affects someone in a direct way, drug abuse is merely a subject most study in school or is tied to a statistic that is heard on a nightly newscast. With Swisha T‘s latest single, Trapped, you can’t feel that way anymore. The Ottawa native uses a frantic piano beat from The LJ to detail the downward spiral of a drug addict who starts to impact others around him because of his deteriorating morals. There are glimmers of an attempt to improve himself, but they are quickly overshadowed by unsupportive friends. Swisha raises the stakes until the surprise climax of the song, which provides a shocking sigh of relief. There is no word on where Trapped will end up, but check out last September’s Ballistic for more from the upstart emcee.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.