Last week, while chillin’ in Maine on vacation, it occurred to me that I wasn’t too far from Canada. Not gonna lie; part of me considered hopping in the car and heading across the border to do start an investigation into why dope Canadian artists seem to be coming out of the woodwork at such an alarming rate. Had I heard Time Granted, the latest effort from Vancouver septet Sweatshop Union, I would have had no choice but to head north. Though this is their first feature, the quality, hard work and talent on display make them sound like seasoned vets. Backed by Mos Eisley’s earnest, piano-driven boardwork, Sweatshop Union showcase a diverse array of styled unified by the members’ shared passion for their craft. Time Granted, which will be soon getting the visual treatment, can be found on the crew’s INFINITE LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Urbnet/Sweatshop Union Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.