To those of you who clicked on this track expecting an innovative reworking of Ginuwine’s classic Same Ol’ G, I bring bad news. But since you’re here, you should definitely check out Swayze Jones’ conceptually similar Same Ole Me, off the second installment in her SwayzeNation mixtape series (coming in late summer). In it, Jones and guest rapper Buck insist that, despite recent successes, they remain “real” and unchanged; hence the opening dialogue aimed at rappers spoiled by luxuries: “N**gas is bent off ying ling and red wine and shit / How the f**k that happen?” Hopping on the first verse behind The Chemist’s soft piano chords and pitter-patter drums is the self-professed ‘lyrical addict” herself, showing off an intricate rhyming style and a humble demeanor, followed by fellow North Carolinian Buck, who contributes a very respectable second verse with a memorable line about “doing you” versus “doing the industry.” It’s no secret that the Tar Heel state is bubbling with promising newcomers, but I’ll leave it to the Booth to decide where Swayze stands. Keep it locked.
Written by CourtlandHH on 06/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Ordinary Love Song" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.