Hopefully the good folks over at Konvict Muzik aren’t running out of ideas… or at least don’t owe money to Kirk Franklin. Similar title aside, Silver & Gold finds Akon continuing to pursue his goal of worldwide chart domination as he assists U.K.’s own, Sway. The duo warn club-goers of gold diggers and their awful ways over Akon’s and Dutch composer/producer Giorgio Tuinfort‘s (see Sweet Escape) synth-heavy beat. Sway’s stateside debut LP, Signature, hits stores today; with that “signature” Konvict sound, the fresh face from the other side of the pond should have what it takes to influence the masses.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Saturday Night Hustle ft. Lamar" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.