Hopefully the good folks over at Konvict Muzik aren’t running out of ideas… or at least don’t owe money to Kirk Franklin. Similar title aside, Silver & Gold finds Akon continuing to pursue his goal of worldwide chart domination as he assists U.K.’s own, Sway. The duo warn club-goers of gold diggers and their awful ways over Akon’s and Dutch composer/producer Giorgio Tuinfort‘s (see Sweet Escape) synth-heavy beat. Sway’s stateside debut LP, Signature, hits stores today; with that “signature” Konvict sound, the fresh face from the other side of the pond should have what it takes to influence the masses.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Saturday Night Hustle ft. Lamar" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.