Previously heard lending his guest vocals to Cloud 9, a March feature from Swedish singer/songwriter Beldina, Sway Clarke II takes center stage with the release of his latest EP single. On this unique jam, the Berlin-by-way-of-Toronto crooner takes us on a tour of his Secret Garden, home to flowers of every imaginable hue. If the opening lines are any indication, the flora on display is intended to symbolize the artist’s busy love life: “Hey girlfriend…I know you asked a question / Are you the only rose in my garden? / I know this sounds contemptuous / And I’m sure it will affect us, but no, no, no.” Featuring harpsichord, rhythmic keys and bouncy percussion, Nikolai Potthoff‘s instrumental is one of the most unusual—and addictive—I’ve heard in a hot minute. If the artist hadn’t supplied his own genre label (“Folk Hop Pop”) I’d have no idea how to categorize this jam. Whatever you call it, you’ll be able to find more on Sway’s upcoming debut EP, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.