Not content simply to switch up their sound from one record to another, Silence DemALL and Poach Stevens of The Swapmeet Ensemble seem to change lyrical personae as frequently as they change their socks. One day they’re rap revolutionaries, the next they’re concerned family men, and the next… Jäger-swilling fratboys? That’s right: on the latest leak off their forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album (another exclusive world premiere!), the Oakland representers invite listeners down to The Frat House for a raucous, keg beer-fueled rager (finals be damned!). Stevens reprises his role behind the boards, borrowing an iconic riff from AC/DC’s T.N.T. to back him and his partner-rhyme as they detail various and sundry party activities: “Yes my dear, the mead is here / So have no fear and come right here and hold my ankles up while I try to kegstand this vat of beer.” Complete with a chant-along chorus, this joint is sure to earn heavy rotation at college soirees—and leave heads wondering what The Swapmeet Ensemble are gonna come up with next. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the October 10, release of the crew’s One Man’s Trash… project.
Written by richard on 09/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"GET MAD!" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.