Not content simply to switch up their sound from one record to another, Silence DemALL and Poach Stevens of The Swapmeet Ensemble seem to change lyrical personae as frequently as they change their socks. One day they’re rap revolutionaries, the next they’re concerned family men, and the next… Jäger-swilling fratboys? That’s right: on the latest leak off their forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album (another exclusive world premiere!), the Oakland representers invite listeners down to The Frat House for a raucous, keg beer-fueled rager (finals be damned!). Stevens reprises his role behind the boards, borrowing an iconic riff from AC/DC’s T.N.T. to back him and his partner-rhyme as they detail various and sundry party activities: “Yes my dear, the mead is here / So have no fear and come right here and hold my ankles up while I try to kegstand this vat of beer.” Complete with a chant-along chorus, this joint is sure to earn heavy rotation at college soirees—and leave heads wondering what The Swapmeet Ensemble are gonna come up with next. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the October 10, release of the crew’s One Man’s Trash… project.
Written by richard on 09/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"GET MAD!" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.