Not content simply to switch up their sound from one record to another, Silence DemALL and Poach Stevens of The Swapmeet Ensemble seem to change lyrical personae as frequently as they change their socks. One day they’re rap revolutionaries, the next they’re concerned family men, and the next… Jäger-swilling fratboys? That’s right: on the latest leak off their forthcoming, Booth-sponsored street album (another exclusive world premiere!), the Oakland representers invite listeners down to The Frat House for a raucous, keg beer-fueled rager (finals be damned!). Stevens reprises his role behind the boards, borrowing an iconic riff from AC/DC’s T.N.T. to back him and his partner-rhyme as they detail various and sundry party activities: “Yes my dear, the mead is here / So have no fear and come right here and hold my ankles up while I try to kegstand this vat of beer.” Complete with a chant-along chorus, this joint is sure to earn heavy rotation at college soirees—and leave heads wondering what The Swapmeet Ensemble are gonna come up with next. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the October 10, release of the crew’s One Man’s Trash… project.
Written by richard on 09/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"GET MAD!" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.