Fresh off this week’s release of his latest mixtape, Empire State rhymesayer Swade drops by the Booth to introduce himself with a standout cut off the set. On this heartfelt jam, the STRT TRBL signee pays tribute to a woman in his life who makes Everything better. Cardec Drums provides a keyboard-driven backdrop for the artist’s engaging, conversational bars and alt-R&B buzzmaker SPZRKT (featured yesterday with Share the World) ties the cut together with some tender chorus vocals. Fans can find this record and much more on Swade’s America the TRBL street album, available now online.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.