In many religions, there is a lesson that teaches you to be still and have faith that better times are on the horizon. Orlando emcee Suspect must have studied all of those creeds, or maybe just one—the streets. His latest single, Stand Still, proves that his resolve will be ready for a shot at success whenever that opportunity knocks. The song’s set of visuals uses the ghostly production from Skinny MooXe as its backdrop for the start of a larger feature length film that will follow Suspect as he tests the waters of the volatile legal marijuana situation in California. Stand Still can be found as a part of his #TheSoulFood Trilogy series of mixtapes. To hear more from Suspect, check out the final installment of the series, The Dessert, available for free stream and download at the The DJBooth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.