In many religions, there is a lesson that teaches you to be still and have faith that better times are on the horizon. Orlando emcee Suspect must have studied all of those creeds, or maybe just one—the streets. His latest single, Stand Still, proves that his resolve will be ready for a shot at success whenever that opportunity knocks. The song’s set of visuals uses the ghostly production from Skinny MooXe as its backdrop for the start of a larger feature length film that will follow Suspect as he tests the waters of the volatile legal marijuana situation in California. Stand Still can be found as a part of his #TheSoulFood Trilogy series of mixtapes. To hear more from Suspect, check out the final installment of the series, The Dessert, available for free stream and download at the The DJBooth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.