Sometimes, you hit play on an artist’s first Booth feature expecting a decent listen, and what you find is even doper than you’d Suspected. For listeners unfamiliar with the Orlando buzzmaker whose name I not-so-cleverly worked into that last sentence, new mixtape single Reflections is likely to be one of those joints. As its title suggests, this joint is largely introspective in subject matter, that doesn’t stop the artist from incorporating some bugged-out wordplay and internal rhymes (As a connoisseur of awful/awesome puns, I especially appreciated this line: “You say I’m nuts, I’m getting’ cash..ew.”). Joining the headliner over Persyce‘s stirring, string-laced beat, Michigan phenom Jon Connor delivers a fast-paced guest 16, and singer Mavelle provides a poignant guest hook. Fans will be able to find this cut, along with non-featured lead single WWJD (feat. Dizzy Wright) and much more, on Suspect’s The Dessert tape, dropping March 17, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Still " (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.