Sometimes, you hit play on an artist’s first Booth feature expecting a decent listen, and what you find is even doper than you’d Suspected. For listeners unfamiliar with the Orlando buzzmaker whose name I not-so-cleverly worked into that last sentence, new mixtape single Reflections is likely to be one of those joints. As its title suggests, this joint is largely introspective in subject matter, that doesn’t stop the artist from incorporating some bugged-out wordplay and internal rhymes (As a connoisseur of awful/awesome puns, I especially appreciated this line: “You say I’m nuts, I’m getting’ cash..ew.”). Joining the headliner over Persyce‘s stirring, string-laced beat, Michigan phenom Jon Connor delivers a fast-paced guest 16, and singer Mavelle provides a poignant guest hook. Fans will be able to find this cut, along with non-featured lead single WWJD (feat. Dizzy Wright) and much more, on Suspect’s The Dessert tape, dropping March 17, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stand Still " (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.