Is it possible to keep hip-hop’s past fresh in one’s memory while forging ahead into the future? Denver, Colorado’s Surpass Flavor clearly thinks so. On EP single I Had It All, his first Booth feature, the underground vet indulges his affection for the music and culture of the mid-90s while asserting the importance of living in the here and now. Complete with the fresh yet retro production stylings of Red Joker, this mellow banger is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on The Green Felt Jungle, set to drop October 11.
Written by richard on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.