Surf Club‘s collective stage name may evoke images of late-fifties beach movies (shouts to Sandra Dee!), but Chase.N.Cashe, Hit-Boy, B. Carr and Chili Chil are more interested in making music for the streets than soaking in the sun. On newly-leaked album inclusion Cheers to the Hustler, the Booth newcomers raise their glasses to anyone who’s ever had to fight against long odds to survive, encouraging those in the struggle to keep their heads up and their stomachs full. In addition to delivering the opening verse, Hit-Boy handles production duties, backing the track with a slow-burning beat packed with plenty of club-ready synths. Los Angeles up-and-comer TY$L rounds out this cut’s lineup, contributing guest vocals on the anthemic hook. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked – Life Is a Beach has yet to receive a release date, but you can rest assured that the Booth will keep you up to date on the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.