Surf Club‘s collective stage name may evoke images of late-fifties beach movies (shouts to Sandra Dee!), but Chase.N.Cashe, Hit-Boy, B. Carr and Chili Chil are more interested in making music for the streets than soaking in the sun. On newly-leaked album inclusion Cheers to the Hustler, the Booth newcomers raise their glasses to anyone who’s ever had to fight against long odds to survive, encouraging those in the struggle to keep their heads up and their stomachs full. In addition to delivering the opening verse, Hit-Boy handles production duties, backing the track with a slow-burning beat packed with plenty of club-ready synths. Los Angeles up-and-comer TY$L rounds out this cut’s lineup, contributing guest vocals on the anthemic hook. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked – Life Is a Beach has yet to receive a release date, but you can rest assured that the Booth will keep you up to date on the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)