Surf Club‘s collective stage name may evoke images of late-fifties beach movies (shouts to Sandra Dee!), but Chase.N.Cashe, Hit-Boy, B. Carr and Chili Chil are more interested in making music for the streets than soaking in the sun. On newly-leaked album inclusion Cheers to the Hustler, the Booth newcomers raise their glasses to anyone who’s ever had to fight against long odds to survive, encouraging those in the struggle to keep their heads up and their stomachs full. In addition to delivering the opening verse, Hit-Boy handles production duties, backing the track with a slow-burning beat packed with plenty of club-ready synths. Los Angeles up-and-comer TY$L rounds out this cut’s lineup, contributing guest vocals on the anthemic hook. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked – Life Is a Beach has yet to receive a release date, but you can rest assured that the Booth will keep you up to date on the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.