If cities could blush, Boston’s cheeks would be bright red right about now. Who’s responsible, you may ask? Well, It’s all thanks to Beantown-bred, Dallas-based up-and-comer Supastar LT, whose Booth debut sees him shouting from the mountaintops,”I Love My City, f*ck ‘em all!” On this newly-leaked track, set for inclusion on the up-and-comer’s forthcoming Voice of the City mixtape, Supastar waxes poetic about his hometown and his own bright future in the music biz, flowing over the anthemic, synth-drenched boardwork of Vybe Beats. In his middle verse, Kardinal Offishall takes listeners all the way up to T-Dot, likening Canada’s foremost metropolis to “the profile of Beyoncé,” and Flatbush, Brooklyn’s Red Cafe rounds out the record’s widely-dispersed lineup, delivering a few street-certified bars on the back end. This hometown-pride anthem and much more can be found on Supastar’s latest street album, hosted by DJ Drama and set to hit the net on the first of next month.
Written by richard on 10/12/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.