Hailing from Tyler, Texas, Sunny Valentine is the newest artist to sign with Jive Records. This versatile MC (think Yung Joc meets Chamillionaire), who fled his hometown for the Hip-Hop mecca that is the ATL, was introduced into the game by Young Jeezy’s manager, Kevin Lee. Now, looking to capitalize on his major label signing, Valentine is set to release By Any Means Necessary, a follow-up to his independently successful debut. The first single off his currently untitled project is the Drama Boi-produced, Shine On ‘Em. While the song’s content is atypical of a joint with such a title, don’t freeze up when Valentine throws lyrical gabs towards Yung Joc; the two MCs are friendly and worked together on Valentine’s previous release. Tune in later this year to find out if the ice Valentine rocks is indeed Sunny.
Written by DJ Z on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fresh ft. David Banner" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.