Hailing from Tyler, Texas, Sunny Valentine is the newest artist to sign with Jive Records. This versatile MC (think Yung Joc meets Chamillionaire), who fled his hometown for the Hip-Hop mecca that is the ATL, was introduced into the game by Young Jeezy’s manager, Kevin Lee. Now, looking to capitalize on his major label signing, Valentine is set to release By Any Means Necessary, a follow-up to his independently successful debut. The first single off his currently untitled project is the Drama Boi-produced, Shine On ‘Em. While the song’s content is atypical of a joint with such a title, don’t freeze up when Valentine throws lyrical gabs towards Yung Joc; the two MCs are friendly and worked together on Valentine’s previous release. Tune in later this year to find out if the ice Valentine rocks is indeed Sunny.
Written by DJ Z on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fresh ft. David Banner" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)