It’s a classic dilemma: while It’s hard to stem the tide when a deep friendship begins to turn into something deeper (and even harder to stop once you’ve started), romance often brings the kind of discord and strife that can destroy a platonic relationship for good. Can you have your cake and eat it, too? Unsigned singer/songwriter/emcee/beatsmith Sunny Jones thinks, or at least hopes, so—on album lead single What Lovers Do, the Booth newcomer suggests that he and the girl he loves do the enjoyable half of the couple thing, without all the messy conflict: “I don’t wanna be the couple that everybody sees is perfect, and every other day we scuffle, and realize it really ain’t worth it.” Jones and co-producer Buddy Love (together known as 2 Thumbs Up) man the boards, layering tuneful synths and guitar strums over an upbeat, handclap-peppered percussion rhythm as the artist rationalizes his blossoming romance, reasoning, “Just take time, and we’ll be fine.” Craving more? While Sunny Jones’ debut studio album, Beats, Bars & Bragging Rights, has yet to receive a release date, fans can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Maybe Now Begins" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.