It’s a classic dilemma: while It’s hard to stem the tide when a deep friendship begins to turn into something deeper (and even harder to stop once you’ve started), romance often brings the kind of discord and strife that can destroy a platonic relationship for good. Can you have your cake and eat it, too? Unsigned singer/songwriter/emcee/beatsmith Sunny Jones thinks, or at least hopes, so—on album lead single What Lovers Do, the Booth newcomer suggests that he and the girl he loves do the enjoyable half of the couple thing, without all the messy conflict: “I don’t wanna be the couple that everybody sees is perfect, and every other day we scuffle, and realize it really ain’t worth it.” Jones and co-producer Buddy Love (together known as 2 Thumbs Up) man the boards, layering tuneful synths and guitar strums over an upbeat, handclap-peppered percussion rhythm as the artist rationalizes his blossoming romance, reasoning, “Just take time, and we’ll be fine.” Craving more? While Sunny Jones’ debut studio album, Beats, Bars & Bragging Rights, has yet to receive a release date, fans can keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Maybe Now Begins" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.