At the end of the day, do people get really get what they deserve? Sunni Colón, like many, wants to believe in the power of Karma—the alternative, that bad deeds go unpunished while the innocent suffer, is too painful to contemplate. The emcee/singer/producer’s first feature since dropping his critically-acclaimed Dearly Beloved LP last May, this freshly-released single tells the story of a woman whose childhood abuse at the hands of her stepfather left her unable to trust men well into her adulthood. Poignant as the premise is, the arguable star of the record is Colón’s beat, an improbably dope arrangement incorporating 8-bit synths, operatic/choral vocal flourishes and spaghetti-western harmonica. Sophomore full-length The Els Flowers currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival later this year.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
A triple-threat talent who can sing, rap and producer, Sunni Colón has released his latest EP, The Els’ Flowers. Having dazzled Booth readers with his versatile approach to music for the past few months, single selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.