At the end of the day, do people get really get what they deserve? Sunni Colón, like many, wants to believe in the power of Karma—the alternative, that bad deeds go unpunished while the innocent suffer, is too painful to contemplate. The emcee/singer/producer’s first feature since dropping his critically-acclaimed Dearly Beloved LP last May, this freshly-released single tells the story of a woman whose childhood abuse at the hands of her stepfather left her unable to trust men well into her adulthood. Poignant as the premise is, the arguable star of the record is Colón’s beat, an improbably dope arrangement incorporating 8-bit synths, operatic/choral vocal flourishes and spaghetti-western harmonica. Sophomore full-length The Els Flowers currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival later this year.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.