At the end of the day, do people get really get what they deserve? Sunni Colón, like many, wants to believe in the power of Karma—the alternative, that bad deeds go unpunished while the innocent suffer, is too painful to contemplate. The emcee/singer/producer’s first feature since dropping his critically-acclaimed Dearly Beloved LP last May, this freshly-released single tells the story of a woman whose childhood abuse at the hands of her stepfather left her unable to trust men well into her adulthood. Poignant as the premise is, the arguable star of the record is Colón’s beat, an improbably dope arrangement incorporating 8-bit synths, operatic/choral vocal flourishes and spaghetti-western harmonica. Sophomore full-length The Els Flowers currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!