At the end of the day, do people get really get what they deserve? Sunni Colón, like many, wants to believe in the power of Karma—the alternative, that bad deeds go unpunished while the innocent suffer, is too painful to contemplate. The emcee/singer/producer’s first feature since dropping his critically-acclaimed Dearly Beloved LP last May, this freshly-released single tells the story of a woman whose childhood abuse at the hands of her stepfather left her unable to trust men well into her adulthood. Poignant as the premise is, the arguable star of the record is Colón’s beat, an improbably dope arrangement incorporating 8-bit synths, operatic/choral vocal flourishes and spaghetti-western harmonica. Sophomore full-length The Els Flowers currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.