With a name like Sugar Tongue Slim, you need to be smooth and skilled with words. Going back to The A after living in Philly, Slim is hopeful that his name can eventually be added to the growing list of legends that have put Atlanta, Georgia on the map. On the production tip, the Designated Hitters sample Strawberry Letter 23 and mix in a little Andre 3000 for hometown flavor. Clearly not cut from the same cloth as other trapper rappers, STS gives diabetics a run for their money on this classically soulful joint off his Demand More mixtape, available online today. Slim represents for his birthplace with the swag necessary to catch your attention, but can he keep it?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.