With a name like Sugar Tongue Slim, you need to be smooth and skilled with words. Going back to The A after living in Philly, Slim is hopeful that his name can eventually be added to the growing list of legends that have put Atlanta, Georgia on the map. On the production tip, the Designated Hitters sample Strawberry Letter 23 and mix in a little Andre 3000 for hometown flavor. Clearly not cut from the same cloth as other trapper rappers, STS gives diabetics a run for their money on this classically soulful joint off his Demand More mixtape, available online today. Slim represents for his birthplace with the swag necessary to catch your attention, but can he keep it?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.