With a name like Sugar Tongue Slim, you need to be smooth and skilled with words. Going back to The A after living in Philly, Slim is hopeful that his name can eventually be added to the growing list of legends that have put Atlanta, Georgia on the map. On the production tip, the Designated Hitters sample Strawberry Letter 23 and mix in a little Andre 3000 for hometown flavor. Clearly not cut from the same cloth as other trapper rappers, STS gives diabetics a run for their money on this classically soulful joint off his Demand More mixtape, available online today. Slim represents for his birthplace with the swag necessary to catch your attention, but can he keep it?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.