STS’ recent European tour, documented extensively in the official visuals for The Heavy, Purity Ring and Dripping in Gold, saw him performing alonside Kavinsky, the French producer best known for 2010 single Night Call. Considering the amount of time they spent together, it should come as no surprise that one of the electro house auteur’s compositions has found its way onto the Philly emcee’s forthcoming mixtape. The chilly synth arpeggios and inexorable rhythm section of Odd Look, a joint off 2013 debut album OutRun, back STS as he makes short work of his rivals in the rap game. Like what you’re hearing? More scorching bars and eclectic instrumentals await on Gold Rush III, dropping digitally this Friday.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.