STS’ recent European tour, documented extensively in the official visuals for The Heavy, Purity Ring and Dripping in Gold, saw him performing alonside Kavinsky, the French producer best known for 2010 single Night Call. Considering the amount of time they spent together, it should come as no surprise that one of the electro house auteur’s compositions has found its way onto the Philly emcee’s forthcoming mixtape. The chilly synth arpeggios and inexorable rhythm section of Odd Look, a joint off 2013 debut album OutRun, back STS as he makes short work of his rivals in the rap game. Like what you’re hearing? More scorching bars and eclectic instrumentals await on Gold Rush III, dropping digitally this Friday.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.