Recently, Bop Alloy member and 13-year hip-hop veteran Substantial was signed to HiPNOTT Records—a decision which label owner Kevin Nottingham referred to as a “no-brainer.” If you’re not sure what all the fuss is about, well, you clearly haven’t been paying close attention to the Booth. But you can get a taste of the Maryland emcee’s prodigious skills on aptly-named loosie Splendor, his first release since inking the deal. Beat duo Satellite 12 flips a light, soulful sample from Rasa’s Everything You See Is Me as Substantial flaunts his agile flow and taunts his opponents in witty, allusive verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on Sub’s plans as he embarks on the latest chapter of his career.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.