Recently, Bop Alloy member and 13-year hip-hop veteran Substantial was signed to HiPNOTT Records—a decision which label owner Kevin Nottingham referred to as a “no-brainer.” If you’re not sure what all the fuss is about, well, you clearly haven’t been paying close attention to the Booth. But you can get a taste of the Maryland emcee’s prodigious skills on aptly-named loosie Splendor, his first release since inking the deal. Beat duo Satellite 12 flips a light, soulful sample from Rasa’s Everything You See Is Me as Substantial flaunts his agile flow and taunts his opponents in witty, allusive verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on Sub’s plans as he embarks on the latest chapter of his career.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.