Recently, Bop Alloy member and 13-year hip-hop veteran Substantial was signed to HiPNOTT Records—a decision which label owner Kevin Nottingham referred to as a “no-brainer.” If you’re not sure what all the fuss is about, well, you clearly haven’t been paying close attention to the Booth. But you can get a taste of the Maryland emcee’s prodigious skills on aptly-named loosie Splendor, his first release since inking the deal. Beat duo Satellite 12 flips a light, soulful sample from Rasa’s Everything You See Is Me as Substantial flaunts his agile flow and taunts his opponents in witty, allusive verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on Sub’s plans as he embarks on the latest chapter of his career.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.