Recently, Bop Alloy member and 13-year hip-hop veteran Substantial was signed to HiPNOTT Records—a decision which label owner Kevin Nottingham referred to as a “no-brainer.” If you’re not sure what all the fuss is about, well, you clearly haven’t been paying close attention to the Booth. But you can get a taste of the Maryland emcee’s prodigious skills on aptly-named loosie Splendor, his first release since inking the deal. Beat duo Satellite 12 flips a light, soulful sample from Rasa’s Everything You See Is Me as Substantial flaunts his agile flow and taunts his opponents in witty, allusive verses. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on Sub’s plans as he embarks on the latest chapter of his career.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.