Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be an emcee? On Movin’ Alright, Substantial, joined by fellow DMV emcee yU, gives us a glimpse into this world. While some like to present a grandiose lifestyle, this duo prefers to keep it real. Just because he does not pop bottles or frequent strip clubs doesn’t mean Substantial isn’t busy. When he isn’t educating DMV youth, the versatile artist can be found tearing down a show or just spending time with his wife. On his guest verse Diamond District group member yU gives a personal account of his own preparation for a show as the crispy, horn sculpted production from Oddisee struts in the background. For more authentic hip-hop tunes from Sub listen to See Hear, featured earlier this month, and purchase Home Is Where The Art Is LP, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.