Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be an emcee? On Movin’ Alright, Substantial, joined by fellow DMV emcee yU, gives us a glimpse into this world. While some like to present a grandiose lifestyle, this duo prefers to keep it real. Just because he does not pop bottles or frequent strip clubs doesn’t mean Substantial isn’t busy. When he isn’t educating DMV youth, the versatile artist can be found tearing down a show or just spending time with his wife. On his guest verse Diamond District group member yU gives a personal account of his own preparation for a show as the crispy, horn sculpted production from Oddisee struts in the background. For more authentic hip-hop tunes from Sub listen to See Hear, featured earlier this month, and purchase Home Is Where The Art Is LP, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.