Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be an emcee? On Movin’ Alright, Substantial, joined by fellow DMV emcee yU, gives us a glimpse into this world. While some like to present a grandiose lifestyle, this duo prefers to keep it real. Just because he does not pop bottles or frequent strip clubs doesn’t mean Substantial isn’t busy. When he isn’t educating DMV youth, the versatile artist can be found tearing down a show or just spending time with his wife. On his guest verse Diamond District group member yU gives a personal account of his own preparation for a show as the crispy, horn sculpted production from Oddisee struts in the background. For more authentic hip-hop tunes from Sub listen to See Hear, featured earlier this month, and purchase Home Is Where The Art Is LP, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.