Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be an emcee? On Movin’ Alright, Substantial, joined by fellow DMV emcee yU, gives us a glimpse into this world. While some like to present a grandiose lifestyle, this duo prefers to keep it real. Just because he does not pop bottles or frequent strip clubs doesn’t mean Substantial isn’t busy. When he isn’t educating DMV youth, the versatile artist can be found tearing down a show or just spending time with his wife. On his guest verse Diamond District group member yU gives a personal account of his own preparation for a show as the crispy, horn sculpted production from Oddisee struts in the background. For more authentic hip-hop tunes from Sub listen to See Hear, featured earlier this month, and purchase Home Is Where The Art Is LP, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The W.W.K.Y.A. Tour" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)