Most artists would be satisfied with a 4-star rating on DJBooth or to merely get heads nodding to their music, but Georgia emcee SUBMiT has loftier goals. On his latest cut, the relative DJBooth newcomer won’t be satisfied until Jaws drop to the floor. Considering the only time I have seen jaws drop to the floor is in cartoons, I thought his goal may have been too ambitious, but with Jaws it just might be possible. On his first appearance on our homepage in almost a year, the Marietta native brings a ton of energy to the track, capped off with clever, and occasionally paradoxical punchlines, like my personal favorite, “flow as hot as Häagen-Dazs”. His unique voice blends perfectly with the entrancing beat, co-produced by Odd Couple and SUBMiT himself. After picking up your jaw from the floor and be sure to download SUBMiT’s new project Window Seat, which is set to drop next Tuesday.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.