Most artists would be satisfied with a 4-star rating on DJBooth or to merely get heads nodding to their music, but Georgia emcee SUBMiT has loftier goals. On his latest cut, the relative DJBooth newcomer won’t be satisfied until Jaws drop to the floor. Considering the only time I have seen jaws drop to the floor is in cartoons, I thought his goal may have been too ambitious, but with Jaws it just might be possible. On his first appearance on our homepage in almost a year, the Marietta native brings a ton of energy to the track, capped off with clever, and occasionally paradoxical punchlines, like my personal favorite, “flow as hot as Häagen-Dazs”. His unique voice blends perfectly with the entrancing beat, co-produced by Odd Couple and SUBMiT himself. After picking up your jaw from the floor and be sure to download SUBMiT’s new project Window Seat, which is set to drop next Tuesday.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.