If you’re like me and you’ve been lamenting the lack of Styles P in the hip-hop sphere lately, then the emergence of this brand new street single, Rocks Out Here, is like Christmas arriving early. In conjunction with the news that there’s an album set to drop in the first quarter of 2011, it’s a very merry pre-Christmas indeed. If there’s one thing we’ve come to appreciate from Styles, it’s his ability to give us that classic gritty street sh*t precisely when it’s needed. And boy, is it needed right now. In a world where we witness all sorts of rapper-related f**kery, - i.e. public tantrums (I’m looking at you Kanye), Internet flame wars (ahem 50 Cent) and getting played by ho-fessionals like Kat Stacks (I see you Soulja Boy) - Styles P unleashing a new record where he simply spits raw and dirty lines over a grimy yet soulful beat feels like when you’re starving and the pizza delivery guy rings the doorbell. We missed you Styles – please don’t make us wait too long for the as-yet untitled new album. This is what we’ve been missing, only we didn’t realize it until now.
Listen to More: Styles P.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For Real ft. Gerald Levert" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.