If you’re like me and you’ve been lamenting the lack of Styles P in the hip-hop sphere lately, then the emergence of this brand new street single, Rocks Out Here, is like Christmas arriving early. In conjunction with the news that there’s an album set to drop in the first quarter of 2011, it’s a very merry pre-Christmas indeed. If there’s one thing we’ve come to appreciate from Styles, it’s his ability to give us that classic gritty street sh*t precisely when it’s needed. And boy, is it needed right now. In a world where we witness all sorts of rapper-related f**kery, - i.e. public tantrums (I’m looking at you Kanye), Internet flame wars (ahem 50 Cent) and getting played by ho-fessionals like Kat Stacks (I see you Soulja Boy) - Styles P unleashing a new record where he simply spits raw and dirty lines over a grimy yet soulful beat feels like when you’re starving and the pizza delivery guy rings the doorbell. We missed you Styles – please don’t make us wait too long for the as-yet untitled new album. This is what we’ve been missing, only we didn’t realize it until now.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.