If you’re like me and you’ve been lamenting the lack of Styles P in the hip-hop sphere lately, then the emergence of this brand new street single, Rocks Out Here, is like Christmas arriving early. In conjunction with the news that there’s an album set to drop in the first quarter of 2011, it’s a very merry pre-Christmas indeed. If there’s one thing we’ve come to appreciate from Styles, it’s his ability to give us that classic gritty street sh*t precisely when it’s needed. And boy, is it needed right now. In a world where we witness all sorts of rapper-related f**kery, - i.e. public tantrums (I’m looking at you Kanye), Internet flame wars (ahem 50 Cent) and getting played by ho-fessionals like Kat Stacks (I see you Soulja Boy) - Styles P unleashing a new record where he simply spits raw and dirty lines over a grimy yet soulful beat feels like when you’re starving and the pizza delivery guy rings the doorbell. We missed you Styles – please don’t make us wait too long for the as-yet untitled new album. This is what we’ve been missing, only we didn’t realize it until now.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.