On the lead single off his next studio album, Styles P. showed a little Love to his Haters, figuring that their negative attention must mean he’s doing something right. While irate bloggers and other gadflies are nothing but a source of amusement to the Northeastern street vet, rival hustlers shouldn’t expect to get off so lightly. The newly-released Red Eye finds project collaborator Scram Jones layering delayed synths over a lightly swung rhythm section as Styles warns his enemies of the grisly fate that awaits them. D-Block colleague Jadakiss lends his own brand of braggadocious tough-talk to verse two. Float is scheduled for release on Tuesday, April 16. Click here to pre-order the forthcoming set via iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Fresh off the November release of his latest full-length album, The World's Most Hardest MC Project, D-Block emcee Styles P has linked up with respected producer Scram Jones to create Float, a project that is available for...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For Real ft. Gerald Levert" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.