On the inaugural leak off his forthcoming full-length project, D-Block emcee Styles P. sends a simple message to hip-hop heads across the nation: It’s Over. What’s over, you may ask? Well, for ardent fans of the Northeastern mainstay, the answer is “your wait for fresh new music;” for the haters, however, it’s their very lives that will soon be coming to an end. Backed by the tension-fraught, string-driven production stylings of Ceaser, this cut finds the Ghost’s lyrically aggressive side on full display. In addition to regaling listeners with all manner of colorful threats (“I’ll spray you with some mace and bring you to a quiet place, then beat you 20 minutes in your face…”), he takes the opportunity to inform us that, though he flies under the radar, he is most assuredly getting his paper – and f*** those who would tell you otherwise. Those digging this street-oriented jam can find It’s Over and much more on The Ghost Dub-Dime, due out May 15.
Written by richard on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.