On the inaugural leak off his forthcoming full-length project, D-Block emcee Styles P. sends a simple message to hip-hop heads across the nation: It’s Over. What’s over, you may ask? Well, for ardent fans of the Northeastern mainstay, the answer is “your wait for fresh new music;” for the haters, however, it’s their very lives that will soon be coming to an end. Backed by the tension-fraught, string-driven production stylings of Ceaser, this cut finds the Ghost’s lyrically aggressive side on full display. In addition to regaling listeners with all manner of colorful threats (“I’ll spray you with some mace and bring you to a quiet place, then beat you 20 minutes in your face…”), he takes the opportunity to inform us that, though he flies under the radar, he is most assuredly getting his paper – and f*** those who would tell you otherwise. Those digging this street-oriented jam can find It’s Over and much more on The Ghost Dub-Dime, due out May 15.
Written by richard on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.