Musical taste may be relative, but there are limits. For example, with the kind of heat Styles P.‘s been putting out lately, calling him wack would be flat-out absurd. On a freshly-minted single off his next full-length, Ghost reaches the only logical conclusion: loath as they may be to admit it, the Haters secretly Love his music. Over album collaborator Scram Jones’ ominous brass samples, the Northeastern vet comes with the hard-nosed street lyricism his fans—both professed and incognito—have come to expect. Complete with guest bars from D-Block colleague Sheek Louch, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Styles’ sixth studio album, Float. Watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers April 20, via Nature Sounds/High Times Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Styles’ Hater Love visual.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.