Musical taste may be relative, but there are limits. For example, with the kind of heat Styles P.‘s been putting out lately, calling him wack would be flat-out absurd. On a freshly-minted single off his next full-length, Ghost reaches the only logical conclusion: loath as they may be to admit it, the Haters secretly Love his music. Over album collaborator Scram Jones’ ominous brass samples, the Northeastern vet comes with the hard-nosed street lyricism his fans—both professed and incognito—have come to expect. Complete with guest bars from D-Block colleague Sheek Louch, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Styles’ sixth studio album, Float. Watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers April 20, via Nature Sounds/High Times Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Styles’ Hater Love visual.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.