Last heard lending his flow to It’s Ransom, a joint single from Statik Selektah and Ransom, NYC street mainstay Styles P. returns to our front page with a freshly-minted single off his next solo set. Here, the D-Block rhymesayer offers a Thanksgiving-appropriate twist on his trademark street lyricism, expressing gratitude for his loyal-unto-death homies, the good weed in his blunt, his status on the block and all the other dope sh*t in his life. As he puts it on the hook, “I Ain’t Got it all, but I’m good with all I got.” Action Bronson and Ea$y Money contribute guest bars, and Statik returns the aforementioned favor behind the boards, topping his piano-loop beat off with cleverly-paired samples from Kool G. Rap’s Fast Life and Big L’s 7 Minutes. Styles’s next LP has yet to receive either a title or a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.