Last heard lending his flow to It’s Ransom, a joint single from Statik Selektah and Ransom, NYC street mainstay Styles P. returns to our front page with a freshly-minted single off his next solo set. Here, the D-Block rhymesayer offers a Thanksgiving-appropriate twist on his trademark street lyricism, expressing gratitude for his loyal-unto-death homies, the good weed in his blunt, his status on the block and all the other dope sh*t in his life. As he puts it on the hook, “I Ain’t Got it all, but I’m good with all I got.” Action Bronson and Ea$y Money contribute guest bars, and Statik returns the aforementioned favor behind the boards, topping his piano-loop beat off with cleverly-paired samples from Kool G. Rap’s Fast Life and Big L’s 7 Minutes. Styles’s next LP has yet to receive either a title or a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.