If the Michael Bublé-assisted lead single off Styles of Beyond‘s next LP made you go ”Damn!”, then the latest song release will likely inspire you to shout “Shiver me timbers!” On The Pirate Song, Tak, Ryu and Vin Skully do their best impression of sea-bitten buccaneers—the bloodthirsty, liquor-swilling kind, not the cuddly Disney variety. Vin and Demigodz rapper/beatsmith Apathy co-produce the cut, layering an appropriately sea shanty-esque flute sample over heavily-syncopated, handclap-infused percussion as the crew deliver verses laden with piratical threats (“I’ll drown you qu**rs in Davy Jones’s Locker.”) and rum-soaked revelry. For this nautical banger and much more, check out Styles of Beyond’s Reseda Beach LP (Executive Produced by Mike Shinoda Linkin Park) when it hits store shelves and online retailers October 23, via Dirty Version Records.
Written by richard on 09/27/12
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Feel Bad ft. RZA" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.