Way back in 1981, punk icons The Clash reacted to the rise of rap across the pond by creating This Is Radio Clash, a cut regarded by some critics as the first British hip-hop record. Like Joe Strummer, Mick Jones and company, Styles of Beyond consider themselves visionaries in a game full of followers—thus, for their latest feature, they’ve created a sequel/homage of sorts to that forward-looking jam. An unreleased cut set for inclusion on the bonus disc accompanying their next full-length, Radio Clash finds group member Vin Skully flipping a leisurely, loungey sample as Tak and Ryu assert their trendsetter status in witty, intricately-rhymed verses. DJ Cheapshot showcases his skills behind the wheels of steel on the chorus. Craving more? Pre-order Reseda Beach now and you’ll receive the double-disc album, along with a limited-edition T-Shirt, shipped to you by the album’s October 23, drop date.
Listen to More: Styles of Beyond Written by richard
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Feel Bad ft. RZA" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.