Signed to Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda‘s Machine Shop Recordings, the LA-based underground group Styles of Beyond got their big break when the foursome was heavily featured on Shinoda’s Fort Minor side project, The Rising Tied. Ready to release their third album (the first nationwide), Reseda Beach, emcees Ryu and Tak reach out to those who “haven’t paid a bill since Clinton was in office,” telling them Don’t Feel Bad. With a classic-record fever infecting the fellas, the group also brought in Wu-Tang leader RZA for an ultra-creative verse (who “stole Christmas from the Grinch”) and a classic rock sample on the production side (Rascal Flatts’s I Feel Bad). Don’t feel bad if you slept on Styles of Beyond; at least now you know what you were missing.
Written by Burmy on 05/13/08
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)