Signed to Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda‘s Machine Shop Recordings, the LA-based underground group Styles of Beyond got their big break when the foursome was heavily featured on Shinoda’s Fort Minor side project, The Rising Tied. Ready to release their third album (the first nationwide), Reseda Beach, emcees Ryu and Tak reach out to those who “haven’t paid a bill since Clinton was in office,” telling them Don’t Feel Bad. With a classic-record fever infecting the fellas, the group also brought in Wu-Tang leader RZA for an ultra-creative verse (who “stole Christmas from the Grinch”) and a classic rock sample on the production side (Rascal Flatts’s I Feel Bad). Don’t feel bad if you slept on Styles of Beyond; at least now you know what you were missing.
Written by Burmy on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.