Signed to Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda‘s Machine Shop Recordings, the LA-based underground group Styles of Beyond got their big break when the foursome was heavily featured on Shinoda’s Fort Minor side project, The Rising Tied. Ready to release their third album (the first nationwide), Reseda Beach, emcees Ryu and Tak reach out to those who “haven’t paid a bill since Clinton was in office,” telling them Don’t Feel Bad. With a classic-record fever infecting the fellas, the group also brought in Wu-Tang leader RZA for an ultra-creative verse (who “stole Christmas from the Grinch”) and a classic rock sample on the production side (Rascal Flatts’s I Feel Bad). Don’t feel bad if you slept on Styles of Beyond; at least now you know what you were missing.
Written by Burmy on 05/13/08
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.