Signed to Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda‘s Machine Shop Recordings, the LA-based underground group Styles of Beyond got their big break when the foursome was heavily featured on Shinoda’s Fort Minor side project, The Rising Tied. Ready to release their third album (the first nationwide), Reseda Beach, emcees Ryu and Tak reach out to those who “haven’t paid a bill since Clinton was in office,” telling them Don’t Feel Bad. With a classic-record fever infecting the fellas, the group also brought in Wu-Tang leader RZA for an ultra-creative verse (who “stole Christmas from the Grinch”) and a classic rock sample on the production side (Rascal Flatts’s I Feel Bad). Don’t feel bad if you slept on Styles of Beyond; at least now you know what you were missing.
Written by Burmy on 05/13/08
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.