Damn. Just… damn. In addition to being the song’s title, that four-letter word doubles as fans’ like reaction upon hearing the record, which finds underground crew Styles of Beyond joining forces with pop hitmaker Michael Bublé. It’s an unusual pairing, to be sure, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work; the Canadian crooner’s amiable chorus and backing vocals prove the perfect complement to Ryu and Tak‘s easygoing rhymes, delivered over Vin Scully and Cheapshot‘s retro-informed piano backdrop. Feeling it? This joint is set to appear—in a Bublé-less version—on the group’s sixth studio album, Reseda Beach. Having recently parted ways with Machine Shop/Warner, the group will be releasing the project via Dirty Version Records on Tuesday, October 23.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Feel Bad ft. RZA" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.