Damn. Just… damn. In addition to being the song’s title, that four-letter word doubles as fans’ like reaction upon hearing the record, which finds underground crew Styles of Beyond joining forces with pop hitmaker Michael Bublé. It’s an unusual pairing, to be sure, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work; the Canadian crooner’s amiable chorus and backing vocals prove the perfect complement to Ryu and Tak‘s easygoing rhymes, delivered over Vin Scully and Cheapshot‘s retro-informed piano backdrop. Feeling it? This joint is set to appear—in a Bublé-less version—on the group’s sixth studio album, Reseda Beach. Having recently parted ways with Machine Shop/Warner, the group will be releasing the project via Dirty Version Records on Tuesday, October 23.
Listen to More: Styles of Beyond
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Feel Bad ft. RZA" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.