Damn. Just… damn. In addition to being the song’s title, that four-letter word doubles as fans’ like reaction upon hearing the record, which finds underground crew Styles of Beyond joining forces with pop hitmaker Michael Bublé. It’s an unusual pairing, to be sure, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work; the Canadian crooner’s amiable chorus and backing vocals prove the perfect complement to Ryu and Tak‘s easygoing rhymes, delivered over Vin Scully and Cheapshot‘s retro-informed piano backdrop. Feeling it? This joint is set to appear—in a Bublé-less version—on the group’s sixth studio album, Reseda Beach. Having recently parted ways with Machine Shop/Warner, the group will be releasing the project via Dirty Version Records on Tuesday, October 23.
Listen to More: Styles of Beyond
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Feel Bad ft. RZA" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.