Last we heard from Stu Cat, the emcee was recounting his journey from the Bottom to the Top on a track off Leedz Edutainment‘s Booth-sponsored compilation, The Write Off Vol. 3. Having made it to the top, the Boston/Miami dual representative spends his first solo Booth feature and latest single “...kickin’ Up Top Game” with a few of his most talented colleagues. With Matty Trump‘s slow-rolling, sax-sampled production banging in the back, Stu brings fans up to date on his love life, recounting a romantic encounter starring himself, some Chinese takeout and a shawty with an “Angela Bassett frame.” Flushing phenom Action Bronson and DMV-repping Booth fave Phil Adé bookend the headliner’s verse, the former “wildin’ at Fuddruckers” in a characteristically dense opener and the latter reflecting on how success has changed his interactions with women (“The girls that used to think I ain’t deserve [them], don’t deserve me.”) on the back. Complete with scratches by DJ Slipwax (who samples the titular line from Hova‘s Can’t Knock the Hustle), this is just one of many bangers in store on Stu Cat’s Beware of the Cat LP, scheduled to drop April 24.
Written by richard on 03/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diamonds For Breakfast" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.