On the surface, STS seems a gentleman and a scholar, with deep lyrical insights to match his considerable mic skills. Peel back the layers of sophistication, profundity and social consciousness, however, and you’ll find that, deep down, the Philly repper’s all about the superficial ish—as he puts it on his latest album leak, “All I know is Women, Weed and what to Wear.” Will Power (aka Supahotbeats) handles production duties, blending driving percussion, piano loops and ritzy keyboard accents into an appropriately luxurious backdrop for the freestyle series alumnus’ hedonistic rhymes. For his part, the emcee formerly known as Sugar Tongue Slim keeps it brisk and breezy, showcasing his trademark wit and swagger as he chronicles his ceaseless quest to stay fresh, fly and high. Marietta, Georgia representative Count Justice lends a hand on the guest tip, talking up his own flawless wardrobe and hollering at the fine females on the back end. Does this high-rolling selection leave you hungry for more Illustrious bangers? Then keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of STS’ forthcoming studio album.
Written by richard on 08/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.