On the surface, STS seems a gentleman and a scholar, with deep lyrical insights to match his considerable mic skills. Peel back the layers of sophistication, profundity and social consciousness, however, and you’ll find that, deep down, the Philly repper’s all about the superficial ish—as he puts it on his latest album leak, “All I know is Women, Weed and what to Wear.” Will Power (aka Supahotbeats) handles production duties, blending driving percussion, piano loops and ritzy keyboard accents into an appropriately luxurious backdrop for the freestyle series alumnus’ hedonistic rhymes. For his part, the emcee formerly known as Sugar Tongue Slim keeps it brisk and breezy, showcasing his trademark wit and swagger as he chronicles his ceaseless quest to stay fresh, fly and high. Marietta, Georgia representative Count Justice lends a hand on the guest tip, talking up his own flawless wardrobe and hollering at the fine females on the back end. Does this high-rolling selection leave you hungry for more Illustrious bangers? Then keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of STS’ forthcoming studio album.
Written by richard on 08/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.