On the surface, STS seems a gentleman and a scholar, with deep lyrical insights to match his considerable mic skills. Peel back the layers of sophistication, profundity and social consciousness, however, and you’ll find that, deep down, the Philly repper’s all about the superficial ish—as he puts it on his latest album leak, “All I know is Women, Weed and what to Wear.” Will Power (aka Supahotbeats) handles production duties, blending driving percussion, piano loops and ritzy keyboard accents into an appropriately luxurious backdrop for the freestyle series alumnus’ hedonistic rhymes. For his part, the emcee formerly known as Sugar Tongue Slim keeps it brisk and breezy, showcasing his trademark wit and swagger as he chronicles his ceaseless quest to stay fresh, fly and high. Marietta, Georgia representative Count Justice lends a hand on the guest tip, talking up his own flawless wardrobe and hollering at the fine females on the back end. Does this high-rolling selection leave you hungry for more Illustrious bangers? Then keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of STS’ forthcoming studio album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.