Two weeks ago, STS kicked off promotion for the next entry in his Gold Rush mixtape series with The Heavy, a reader-approved joint sampling the English rock band of the same name. For the follow-up, the Philly representative draws inspiration from a indie favorite on the electronic side of the spectrum, Alberta, Canada’s Purity Ring. Over production partner Bear One‘s tweaked flip of 2012 single Fineshrine, Slim celebrates the big moves he’s been making in the industry, along with his incomparably fly wardrobe. Daniel “Danny Cam” Gallardo once again handles visuals, complementing the record with candid footage from the artist’s recent visit to Berlin. Gold Rush 3 remains unscheduled but, as always, Booth readers will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.