Two weeks ago, STS kicked off promotion for the next entry in his Gold Rush mixtape series with The Heavy, a reader-approved joint sampling the English rock band of the same name. For the follow-up, the Philly representative draws inspiration from a indie favorite on the electronic side of the spectrum, Alberta, Canada’s Purity Ring. Over production partner Bear One‘s tweaked flip of 2012 single Fineshrine, Slim celebrates the big moves he’s been making in the industry, along with his incomparably fly wardrobe. Daniel “Danny Cam” Gallardo once again handles visuals, complementing the record with candid footage from the artist’s recent visit to Berlin. Gold Rush 3 remains unscheduled but, as always, Booth readers will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.