Two weeks ago, STS kicked off promotion for the next entry in his Gold Rush mixtape series with The Heavy, a reader-approved joint sampling the English rock band of the same name. For the follow-up, the Philly representative draws inspiration from a indie favorite on the electronic side of the spectrum, Alberta, Canada’s Purity Ring. Over production partner Bear One‘s tweaked flip of 2012 single Fineshrine, Slim celebrates the big moves he’s been making in the industry, along with his incomparably fly wardrobe. Daniel “Danny Cam” Gallardo once again handles visuals, complementing the record with candid footage from the artist’s recent visit to Berlin. Gold Rush 3 remains unscheduled but, as always, Booth readers will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.