Two weeks ago, STS kicked off promotion for the next entry in his Gold Rush mixtape series with The Heavy, a reader-approved joint sampling the English rock band of the same name. For the follow-up, the Philly representative draws inspiration from a indie favorite on the electronic side of the spectrum, Alberta, Canada’s Purity Ring. Over production partner Bear One‘s tweaked flip of 2012 single Fineshrine, Slim celebrates the big moves he’s been making in the industry, along with his incomparably fly wardrobe. Daniel “Danny Cam” Gallardo once again handles visuals, complementing the record with candid footage from the artist’s recent visit to Berlin. Gold Rush 3 remains unscheduled but, as always, Booth readers will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.