Two weeks ago, STS kicked off promotion for the next entry in his Gold Rush mixtape series with The Heavy, a reader-approved joint sampling the English rock band of the same name. For the follow-up, the Philly representative draws inspiration from a indie favorite on the electronic side of the spectrum, Alberta, Canada’s Purity Ring. Over production partner Bear One‘s tweaked flip of 2012 single Fineshrine, Slim celebrates the big moves he’s been making in the industry, along with his incomparably fly wardrobe. Daniel “Danny Cam” Gallardo once again handles visuals, complementing the record with candid footage from the artist’s recent visit to Berlin. Gold Rush 3 remains unscheduled but, as always, Booth readers will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)