Anyone who knows me knows that I’m world renowned for two things; my pimpin and my preachin. Oh, I’m actually best known for my off-kilter hip-hop reviews and my ability to make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, but hey, we can’t all be as cool as STS and GLC. Produced by Groove Chambers, also known as the man behind 3 Little Digs and Treesound Studios, the recently unearthed Pimpin’ and Preachin’ is an appropriately gospel organ infused ode to two professions known for their slick talking. Speaking of which, both the Philly and Windy City representatives work nicely here, lacing their rhymes with references guaranteed to make you feel rap’s holy spirit: “Could have been a pastor but the streets keep callin me back / This is tabernacle ni**a stop calling it rap.” Chuuch. In fact, this sounds so good, might I suggest forming a group guys? The Three Letter Acronym Gang? Think it over – in the meantime fans should keep an eye out for STS’ upcoming The Illustrious project, coming this summer, as well as keep an eye out for GLC’s new mixtpape, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.