Anyone who knows me knows that I’m world renowned for two things; my pimpin and my preachin. Oh, I’m actually best known for my off-kilter hip-hop reviews and my ability to make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, but hey, we can’t all be as cool as STS and GLC. Produced by Groove Chambers, also known as the man behind 3 Little Digs and Treesound Studios, the recently unearthed Pimpin’ and Preachin’ is an appropriately gospel organ infused ode to two professions known for their slick talking. Speaking of which, both the Philly and Windy City representatives work nicely here, lacing their rhymes with references guaranteed to make you feel rap’s holy spirit: “Could have been a pastor but the streets keep callin me back / This is tabernacle ni**a stop calling it rap.” Chuuch. In fact, this sounds so good, might I suggest forming a group guys? The Three Letter Acronym Gang? Think it over – in the meantime fans should keep an eye out for STS’ upcoming The Illustrious project, coming this summer, as well as keep an eye out for GLC’s new mixtpape, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.