Anyone who knows me knows that I’m world renowned for two things; my pimpin and my preachin. Oh, I’m actually best known for my off-kilter hip-hop reviews and my ability to make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, but hey, we can’t all be as cool as STS and GLC. Produced by Groove Chambers, also known as the man behind 3 Little Digs and Treesound Studios, the recently unearthed Pimpin’ and Preachin’ is an appropriately gospel organ infused ode to two professions known for their slick talking. Speaking of which, both the Philly and Windy City representatives work nicely here, lacing their rhymes with references guaranteed to make you feel rap’s holy spirit: “Could have been a pastor but the streets keep callin me back / This is tabernacle ni**a stop calling it rap.” Chuuch. In fact, this sounds so good, might I suggest forming a group guys? The Three Letter Acronym Gang? Think it over – in the meantime fans should keep an eye out for STS’ upcoming The Illustrious project, coming this summer, as well as keep an eye out for GLC’s new mixtpape, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.