Anyone who knows me knows that I’m world renowned for two things; my pimpin and my preachin. Oh, I’m actually best known for my off-kilter hip-hop reviews and my ability to make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, but hey, we can’t all be as cool as STS and GLC. Produced by Groove Chambers, also known as the man behind 3 Little Digs and Treesound Studios, the recently unearthed Pimpin’ and Preachin’ is an appropriately gospel organ infused ode to two professions known for their slick talking. Speaking of which, both the Philly and Windy City representatives work nicely here, lacing their rhymes with references guaranteed to make you feel rap’s holy spirit: “Could have been a pastor but the streets keep callin me back / This is tabernacle ni**a stop calling it rap.” Chuuch. In fact, this sounds so good, might I suggest forming a group guys? The Three Letter Acronym Gang? Think it over – in the meantime fans should keep an eye out for STS’ upcoming The Illustrious project, coming this summer, as well as keep an eye out for GLC’s new mixtpape, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)