Everyone thinks rappers are a hard bunch, but in truth your favorite emcees can be cuddlier than a balloon full of puppies, sweeter than an ocean of gum drops and nicer than Mr. Rogers on Valium. Sometimes even emcees like STS and Yelawolf roll out of bed with a smile and exclaim, Hello Sunshine! Ok, so that’s an exaggeration, the Philly up-and-comer’s new single is dedicated to a stripper, but you still haven’t heard either rapper like this before. While KP and Mali’s organic beat hums in the backdrop, STS grabs the mic and digs back into his spoken word roots for the first time on wax, declaring that the aforementioned woman of his pole dancing dreams is so fine she’d make even the son of god nervous. Speaking of firsts, Yela busts out his rarely exhibited singing skills (not too shabby), adding in a verse of his own dedicated to women who can clap without using their hands. Does Sunshine have you interested in STS’ upcoming project The Illustrious? It better, it’s the final leak we’re going to hear before the album drops (soon). In the meantime, remember – it’s ok if music makes you feel good.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.