Everyone thinks rappers are a hard bunch, but in truth your favorite emcees can be cuddlier than a balloon full of puppies, sweeter than an ocean of gum drops and nicer than Mr. Rogers on Valium. Sometimes even emcees like STS and Yelawolf roll out of bed with a smile and exclaim, Hello Sunshine! Ok, so that’s an exaggeration, the Philly up-and-comer’s new single is dedicated to a stripper, but you still haven’t heard either rapper like this before. While KP and Mali’s organic beat hums in the backdrop, STS grabs the mic and digs back into his spoken word roots for the first time on wax, declaring that the aforementioned woman of his pole dancing dreams is so fine she’d make even the son of god nervous. Speaking of firsts, Yela busts out his rarely exhibited singing skills (not too shabby), adding in a verse of his own dedicated to women who can clap without using their hands. Does Sunshine have you interested in STS’ upcoming project The Illustrious? It better, it’s the final leak we’re going to hear before the album drops (soon). In the meantime, remember – it’s ok if music makes you feel good.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.