Everyone thinks rappers are a hard bunch, but in truth your favorite emcees can be cuddlier than a balloon full of puppies, sweeter than an ocean of gum drops and nicer than Mr. Rogers on Valium. Sometimes even emcees like STS and Yelawolf roll out of bed with a smile and exclaim, Hello Sunshine! Ok, so that’s an exaggeration, the Philly up-and-comer’s new single is dedicated to a stripper, but you still haven’t heard either rapper like this before. While KP and Mali’s organic beat hums in the backdrop, STS grabs the mic and digs back into his spoken word roots for the first time on wax, declaring that the aforementioned woman of his pole dancing dreams is so fine she’d make even the son of god nervous. Speaking of firsts, Yela busts out his rarely exhibited singing skills (not too shabby), adding in a verse of his own dedicated to women who can clap without using their hands. Does Sunshine have you interested in STS’ upcoming project The Illustrious? It better, it’s the final leak we’re going to hear before the album drops (soon). In the meantime, remember – it’s ok if music makes you feel good.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.