Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
STS may have a thing for element #79 on the periodic table (as evidenced by the title of his GOLDRush mixtape series), but that doesn’t mean he’s entirely down with hip-hop’s fixation on material wealth. In fact, on the lead single off his next project, the state of the culture prompts him to ask, “The Hell Wrong with these n**gas? The f**k wrong with these b*tches?” In irreverent verses, he skewers the high-society pretensions that drive his peers to prioritize Rollies and Louboutins over rent. Frequent Roots collaborator Khari Mateen backs his rhymes with a skeletal synth-percussion groove, changing the tone halfway through with the addition of pensive strings and keys. STS’s next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but fans can still cop his recently-released GOLDRush III street album for free in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.