Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
STS may have a thing for element #79 on the periodic table (as evidenced by the title of his GOLDRush mixtape series), but that doesn’t mean he’s entirely down with hip-hop’s fixation on material wealth. In fact, on the lead single off his next project, the state of the culture prompts him to ask, “The Hell Wrong with these n**gas? The f**k wrong with these b*tches?” In irreverent verses, he skewers the high-society pretensions that drive his peers to prioritize Rollies and Louboutins over rent. Frequent Roots collaborator Khari Mateen backs his rhymes with a skeletal synth-percussion groove, changing the tone halfway through with the addition of pensive strings and keys. STS’s next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but fans can still cop his recently-released GOLDRush III street album for free in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.