Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
STS may have a thing for element #79 on the periodic table (as evidenced by the title of his GOLDRush mixtape series), but that doesn’t mean he’s entirely down with hip-hop’s fixation on material wealth. In fact, on the lead single off his next project, the state of the culture prompts him to ask, “The Hell Wrong with these n**gas? The f**k wrong with these b*tches?” In irreverent verses, he skewers the high-society pretensions that drive his peers to prioritize Rollies and Louboutins over rent. Frequent Roots collaborator Khari Mateen backs his rhymes with a skeletal synth-percussion groove, changing the tone halfway through with the addition of pensive strings and keys. STS’s next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but fans can still cop his recently-released GOLDRush III street album for free in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.