Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
STS may have a thing for element #79 on the periodic table (as evidenced by the title of his GOLDRush mixtape series), but that doesn’t mean he’s entirely down with hip-hop’s fixation on material wealth. In fact, on the lead single off his next project, the state of the culture prompts him to ask, “The Hell Wrong with these n**gas? The f**k wrong with these b*tches?” In irreverent verses, he skewers the high-society pretensions that drive his peers to prioritize Rollies and Louboutins over rent. Frequent Roots collaborator Khari Mateen backs his rhymes with a skeletal synth-percussion groove, changing the tone halfway through with the addition of pensive strings and keys. STS’s next project has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but fans can still cop his recently-released GOLDRush III street album for free in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.