When I think of someone who wears their Heart on [Their] Sleeve, I imagine someone who’s candid and up-front about their feelings, especially in the context of romantic relationships. ATL/Philly dual repper S.T.S. may be an emotionally open dude, but he’s got something more concrete in mind on his latest promo single: namely, the heart-shaped Comme des Garçons logo on his shirt. Backed by Khari “Ferrari” Mateen‘s grainy, stuttering synth-bass, the artist offers a brutally-honest rundown of his designer wardrobe, pulling no punches as he describes the hefty price he paid for each article. On the back, he delves into more serious subject matter, rhyming about how the recent racial profiling incident at Barneys has made him reevaluate the menswear retailer, and high fashion as a whole. Feeling it? This promo single isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on S.T.S.‘s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.