When I think of someone who wears their Heart on [Their] Sleeve, I imagine someone who’s candid and up-front about their feelings, especially in the context of romantic relationships. ATL/Philly dual repper S.T.S. may be an emotionally open dude, but he’s got something more concrete in mind on his latest promo single: namely, the heart-shaped Comme des Garçons logo on his shirt. Backed by Khari “Ferrari” Mateen‘s grainy, stuttering synth-bass, the artist offers a brutally-honest rundown of his designer wardrobe, pulling no punches as he describes the hefty price he paid for each article. On the back, he delves into more serious subject matter, rhyming about how the recent racial profiling incident at Barneys has made him reevaluate the menswear retailer, and high fashion as a whole. Feeling it? This promo single isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on S.T.S.‘s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.