When I think of someone who wears their Heart on [Their] Sleeve, I imagine someone who’s candid and up-front about their feelings, especially in the context of romantic relationships. ATL/Philly dual repper S.T.S. may be an emotionally open dude, but he’s got something more concrete in mind on his latest promo single: namely, the heart-shaped Comme des Garçons logo on his shirt. Backed by Khari “Ferrari” Mateen‘s grainy, stuttering synth-bass, the artist offers a brutally-honest rundown of his designer wardrobe, pulling no punches as he describes the hefty price he paid for each article. On the back, he delves into more serious subject matter, rhyming about how the recent racial profiling incident at Barneys has made him reevaluate the menswear retailer, and high fashion as a whole. Feeling it? This promo single isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on S.T.S.‘s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)