When I think of someone who wears their Heart on [Their] Sleeve, I imagine someone who’s candid and up-front about their feelings, especially in the context of romantic relationships. ATL/Philly dual repper S.T.S. may be an emotionally open dude, but he’s got something more concrete in mind on his latest promo single: namely, the heart-shaped Comme des Garçons logo on his shirt. Backed by Khari “Ferrari” Mateen‘s grainy, stuttering synth-bass, the artist offers a brutally-honest rundown of his designer wardrobe, pulling no punches as he describes the hefty price he paid for each article. On the back, he delves into more serious subject matter, rhyming about how the recent racial profiling incident at Barneys has made him reevaluate the menswear retailer, and high fashion as a whole. Feeling it? This promo single isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on S.T.S.‘s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.