Parachute, STS’ last feature (his first under his slimmed-down stage name) earned largely positive feedback in the Booth, but readers seemed to agree that the track’s chorus was its weak link. Well, looks like the artist may have taken that criticism to heart – on his latest mixtape leak, the emcee formerly known as Sugar Tongue Slim says “F*ck a Hook!” While that statement seems a little odd, coming as it does in the middle of what can only be called the record’s hook, it’s crystal clear that the focus is on STS’ formidable mic skills. Backed by fellow A-town/Philly dual representative Don Cannon‘s mellow beat, sampled from the great J-Hova‘s Encore, the rapper gives his answer to that oft-discussed question: is hip-hop dead? Nah, says STS, it’s just confined to a wheelchair – but bandwagon-jumping novelty acts aren’t doing the genre any favors. Whether or not you agree with his perspective on the industry, it’s hard to argue with the skills and the realness STS showcases here. Demand More 2 is set to hit the ‘net in late March/early April.
Written by richard on 03/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.