Like all of you reading this, I’m spend most of my waking hours listening to hip-hop and often I feel like I’m hearing to the same song from different artists. The exact players may change, but the game seems to revolve around the same topic or trendy new fad. With the latest release off his upcoming album, The Illustrious, STS (aka Sugar Tongue Slim) uses Cliché to give us the ironic fresh of breath air that so many of us need. I say “ironic” because Slim runs through nearly every rap cliché we’ve heard in the last five years, but with a twist. (Get it?) Produced by alternative hip-hop duo The KnuX, the beat starts off with some heavy bass that’s later accompanied by piano chords to give the song a lighter, but not too light, overlay. Despite the song’s name, Slim’s flow is anything but clichéd as he once again proves that he’s the owner of one of the most versatile flows in the genre. Make sure you check back for more Illustrious music when the album drops via STSisGold.com in August. GOLD!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.